Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Violin Sings, The Fiddle Dances

Two sure fire ways to get my undivided attention are to mention "Beautiful Women" or "Violins."

They are two of my most favorite subjects.  

Needless to say, when I got R.L. Clark's latest email, my first words to the huge staff here at the CHS54 media complex was "STOP THE PRESSES!"




Here's the reason:  A picture of Robert's oldest grandchild, Katie Clark who is a member of the outstanding  Saline Fiddlers in Saline, Michigan.  She will be moving into the symphony group next term.

And speaking of Fiddlers; Did you know...

that the discoverer of the "theory of relativity" was also an eager violinist?

He is quoted as saying, "I often think in music. I live my day dreams in music. I see my life in terms of music...I get the most joy in life out of music.
If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician."



One day, the story goes, Einstein was playing string quartets with his friend Fritz Kreisler, the great Viennese violinist. Einstein went wrong. "You know, Albert," said Kreisler, "your trouble is that you can't count."

-Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment