Friday, May 30, 2014

I Keep Forgetting I Forgot About You

Country Songs have a way of getting right to the point.

What more powerful  way of expressing a broken heart than saying, "You Done Tore Out My Heart and Stomped That Sucker Flat.

How could you tell someone goodbye more succinctly than, "If your phone don't ring, it's me."
or, "I Don't Know Whether To Kill Myself or Go Bowling."


or.........



 I'm So Miserable Without You; It's Like Having You Here.

 My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend and I Sure Do Miss Him.

 You're the Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly.

 How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away.

 I Liked You Better Before I Knew You So Well.

 My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, And I Don't Love You.
.
Her Teeth Were Stained, But Her Heart Was Pure.

Drop Kick Me, Jesus, Through The Goalposts Of Life

 I'd Rather Have A Bottle In Front Of Me Than A Frontal Lobotomy

I'm Just A Bug On The Windshield Of Life

 If You Don't Leave Me Alone, I'll Go And Find Someone Else Who Will

 If You Leave Me, Can I Come Too?

Thank God And Greyhound She's Gone

 You Were Only A Splinter As I Slid Down The Bannister Of Life

The Next Time You Throw That Fryin' Pan, My Face Ain't Gonna Be There

Sorry about that. I got carried away.

What I wanted to write about is the "bad rap" that people our age are often accused of .........being senile...a slightly nicer way of saying "demented."

I found some comforting information on the internet under the title HelpGuide.com:

"The brain is capable of producing new brain cells at any age, so significant memory loss is not an inevitable result of aging. But just as it is with muscle strength, you have to use it or lose it. Your lifestyle, health habits, and daily activities have a huge impact on the health of your brain. Whatever your age, there are many ways you can improve your cognitive skills, prevent memory loss, and protect your grey matter.
Furthermore, many mental abilities are largely unaffected by normal aging, such as:
  • Your ability to do the things you’ve always done and continue to do often
  • The wisdom and knowledge you’ve acquired from life experience
  • Your innate common sense
  • Your ability to form reasonable arguments and judgments

Normal forgetfulness vs. dementia

For most people, occasional lapses in memory are a normal part of the aging process, not a warning sign of serious mental deterioration or the onset of dementia.

Normal age-related forgetfulness

The following types of memory lapses are normal among older adults and generally are not considered warning signs of dementia:
  • Forgetting where you left things you use regularly, such as glasses or keys.
  • Forgetting names of acquaintances or blocking one memory with a similar one, such as calling a grandson by your son’s name.
  • Occasionally forgetting an appointment.
  • Having trouble remembering what you’ve just read, or the details of a conversation.
  • Walking into a room and forgetting why you entered.
  • Becoming easily distracted.
  • Not quite being able to retrieve information you have “on the tip of your tongue.”

Does your memory loss affect your ability to function?

The primary difference between age-related memory loss and dementia is that the former isn’t disabling. The memory lapses have little impact on your daily performance and ability to do what you want to do.
When memory loss becomes so pervasive and severe that it disrupts your work, hobbies, social activities, and family relationships, you may be experiencing the warning signs of Alzheimer’s disease, or another disorder that causes dementia, or a condition that mimics dementia."

For the Complete article go to: http://www.helpguide.org/life/prevent_memory_loss.htm



David Alan Coe
...and finally, here is David Alan Coe singing the "Perfect Country and Western
Song."

Be sure to stay with it til the end.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkKn5HrKgHQ


-Ed




No comments:

Post a Comment