Sunday, April 13, 2014

Are We Having Fun Yet?

 Yeah, it's been a ball!

The stories that I've posted here were written orginally for my very first website, CHS54.net. I started it for my Charlotte NC high school class of 1954.
 It goes back to at least 2004 which was shortly after personal "blogs" first began to appear.

This is my latest posting for my Geezer friends of 1954:

I love telling stories, especially to my old high school friends.

It's my way of "staying connected" although I haven't lived in Charlotte since 1961 and missed sharing our young mature years "up the career ladder" (as well as an occasional mis-step or two) and watching our families grow.

Jerry Gaudet 1954
But this website wouldn't have been possible without that very special...one in a thousand...incredibly talented Jerry Gaudet!
His brilliant organizational skills have kept this class together.

Also, the stars were aligned just right....and the Internet came along....and before we knew it, we had a "home room" in the sky!

Now I realize that CHS54 is mostly full of MY stories and observations. However, I didn't intend it that way. I post any and every story sent to me by our classmates.

But I get very few.

That's perfectly understandable. Most people don't like to "write." They did that in English class for 12 or so years AND THAT"S ENOUGH!

I don't blame you.  But I like telling stories and having done it just about all my life...I'm going to keep doing it. Even though there will continue to be some real "clunkers" in here....I need to keep posting, otherwise you folks will stop coming to the site and it will die.  So it's necessary to keep it "fresh."  (Anyway, that's what they teach in website school.)

Also, I'm determined to keep the site POSITIVE, although it's getting harder and harder.

For example as you complete filling out your income tax.....

Try to ignore the fact that the US STATE Department lost over $6 Billion because of the improper filing of contracts during the past 6 years, during the tenure of former Secretary of State Hilary Clinton.

But think of it this way, "What difference now does it make."


Also, think of how much SAFER we'll all be now that more government agencies are authorized to carry GUNS:
The EPA at work
Time Magazine 1977


That’s right, NOAA — the folks who forecast the weather, monitor the atmosphere and keep tabs on the oceans and waterways — has its own law enforcement division. It has a budget of $65 million and consists of 191 employees, including 96 special agents and 28 enforcement officers who carry weapon

Hint...you better start believing in GLOBAL WARMING, or else!

Sleep well tonight.

-Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment